Town of Oulu
Airport Road Reconstruction LRIP Project
Addendum to extend Deadline – 2 weeks
The Town of Oulu is extending the deadline for sealed bids until 5:30 p.m. on July 29, 2020 for the Airport Road Reconstruction LRIP Project (TRID Program).
Project is On Route Airport Road, beginning at Kaukamo Road and ending at North Hissa Road.
Description on reconstruction includes: Excavate patches, add base, pulverize blacktop, fine grade the base and pave 1.63 miles by 21 ft wide of Airport Road with hot mix asphalt.
- Excavate selected areas where base has failed and place 10 inches of base
- Place geogrid at subbase in patch locations
- Pulverize the existing remaining blacktop
- Ditch by Airport Road bridge
- Add 2-3 inches of base to improve the pulverized base
- Fine grade, water and compact the base to prepare it for placement of hot mix asphalt
- Pave with hot mix asphalt to an average compacted thickness of 3.75 inches
- Construct a compacted 2 ft gravel shoulder as existing conditions will allow
For questions or a tour of the project site, please contact Klaus Nieder, Highway Supervisor at 218-428-4906.
Please submit bids in a sealed envelope marked “Airport Road Reconstruction Bid” to Diana Reijo, Clerk, 71530 Hoover Line Road, Iron River, WI 54847 by 5:30 p.m. on July 29. Bids will be opened at a special town board meeting on Wednesday, July 29, 2020, at the Oulu Town Hall.
The Town of Oulu reserves the right to accept, reject, or waive any irregularities in the bid and accept the bid which deems most advantageous to the Town of Oulu.
This is a LRIP project.
Diana Reijo, Clerk
Town of Oulu
Notice Posted: July 6, 2020 at Town Hall and Town Web Site: ouluwisconsin.com
BY: Diana Reijo, Clerk