Town of Oulu
April 14, 2021 ~ 7:00 p.m. – 7:12 p.m.
The April 14, 2021 Town of Oulu annual meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. at the town hall by Sandra Rantala, Chairperson.
Annual meeting notices were posted at the Town Hall and town website on April 1, 2021.
Chair Rantala stated voting will be conducted by a show of hands.
Motion by Ken Rantala, second by Mike Davidson to approve the minutes of the July 15, 2020 adjourned annual meeting as read. Yes: 7. No: None. Abstain: 0. Motion carried by a show of hands.
Motion by Tim Ciembronowicz, second by Ed Burhans to dispense with the reading of the financial statement as everyone in attendance had a copy. Yes: 7. No: None. Abstain: 0. Motion carried by a show of hands.
Discussion followed. Motion by Ken Rantala, second by Margie Lahti to accept the financial statement as presented. Yes: 7. No: None. Abstain: None. Motion carried by a show of hands.
- Along with daily road maintenance there was an additional total of 2,641cy of gravel spread on the following roads:
- 47 c/y Bain Rd
- 488 c/y Bayfield Line Rd
- 523 c/y Hoffengartner Rd
- 79 c/y Hokkanen Rd
- 33 c/y Kaukamo Rd
- 48 c/y Laine Rd
- 123 c/y N Hissa Rd
- 171 c/y S Hissa Rd
- N Hoover Line Rd 635 c/y
- Saarkinen Rd 174 c/y
- Waataja Rd 320 c/y
- Gravel was also added to the bus turn around on Pudas Rd, east of Boulevard Rd
- Culverts were replaced on Laine Rd, West Colby Rd (west of Oulu Rock Rd near the town line) and Oulu Pioneer Rd (west of Boulevard Rd)
- The Town was awarded a Local Road Improvement Program grant for Airport Rd from Kaukamo Rd to N Hissa Rd. Work done last fall included excavating patches, adding base, pulverizing existing blacktop and grading the new base. The blacktopping project is scheduled to be done the spring/summer of 2021.
- The town received a Bayfield County Health Infrastructure grant to be used towards repairs of a couple of wet low spots on the walking trails. Culverts, 2” minus rock, fabric, and gravel were placed in those spots.
- The town was awarded a WEC Cares Subgrant to help defray the cost of elections.
- The town received a Routes to Recovery Grant to help with COVID related expenses.
- The board reviewed 2 special use permits for new home construction in 2020.
Motion by Margie Lahti, second by Ken Rantala to designate Security State Bank as the town depository. Yes: 7. No: None. Abstain: 0. Motion carried by a show of hands.
Motion by Ken Rantala, second by Ed Burhans to appoint Bonnie Rantala, Leanna Pudas, and Marla Lahti to the audit committee. Yes: 7. No: None. Abstain: None. Motion carried by a show of hands.
2022 annual meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
Margie Lahti, on behalf of the Oulu Town Board thanked Sandy Rantala for her 20 years of service as a board member.
Motion by Sandy Rantala to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:12 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk
Note: Minutes posted at Oulu Transfer Site, Oulu Pines, Town Hall and Town website on April 24, 2021.