Town of Oulu ~ Adjourned Annual Meeting
July 15, 2020 ~ 7:03 p.m. – 7:12 p.m.
The July 15, 2020 Town of Oulu adjourned annual meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m. at the town hall parking lot by Sandra Rantala, Chairperson.
Annual meeting notices were posted at the Town Hall, Oulu Pines, Solid Waste Transfer Site and town website on June 27, 2020.
Chair Rantala stated voting will be conducted by a show of hands.
Motion by Margie Lahti, seconded by Jon Hamilton to dispense with the reading of the minutes as everyone in attendance had copies and approve the minutes of the April 19, 2019 annual meeting, December 5, 2019 special meeting of the electors and April 21, 2020 annual meeting minutes as presented. Yes: 4. No: None. Abstain: 0. Motion carried by a show of hands.
Motion by Jon Hamilton, seconded by Margie Lahti to dispense with the reading of the financial statement as everyone in attendance had a copy. Yes: 4. No: None. Abstain: 0. Motion carried by a show of hands.
Discussion followed. Motion by Jon Hamilton, seconded by Margie Lahti to accept the financial statement as presented. Yes: 4. No: None. Abstain: None. Motion carried by a show of hands.
- Roads graveled:
- Hoffengartner Road
- Eastview Road — east of Elonen Road to repair the clay lifts
- Range Line Road — 1 mile north of Co Hwy B and 1 mile south of Cheese Factory Road
- Airport Road — both sides of the bridge to just pass North Hissa Road
- North Hissa Road from Airport Road in 200 feet
- Kaukamo Road from Airport Road to Erma Maki’s
- Hautala Road
- North Hoover Line Road in the two bad spots
- Erkkilla Road west of Co Hwy B in the clay lifts and hill from Co Hwy B to Reefer Creek
- Oulu Rock Road from start of pulverizing to the end of pulverizing.
- Oulu Rock Road was paved and shoulders graveled where the new blacktop is.
- The town received a Bayfield County Health Infrastructure Grant to install sidewalks from the parking lot to the pavilion and bathrooms.
- The board reviewed 6 special use permits total, with 5 approved and 1 denied.
Motion by Margie Lahti, seconded by Sandy Rantala to designate Security State Bank as the town depository. Yes: 4. No: None. Abstain: 0. Motion carried by a show of hands.
Motion by Sandy Rantala, second by Jon Hamilton to appoint Bonnie Rantala, Leanna Pudas, and Marla Lahti to the audit committee. Yes: 4. No: None. Abstain: None. Motion carried by a show of hands.
2021 annual meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
Motion by Margie Lahti, second by Jon Hamilton to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:12 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk