Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
April 14, 2021 ~ 6:47 p.m. – 8:46 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:47 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Sandra Rantala, Duane Reijo, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to approve the agenda as printed and posted:
- General fund vouchers 13266-13286 and ACH 479-482
- Minutes of the March 10, 2021 regular board meeting
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $141,792.54 Tax Account $ 101,012.03.
Four gravel bids were received: Olson Bros. – $16.32/cy or $10.08cy if loaded in quarry using town truck; Sipsas Excavating & Trucking – $16.19/cy; South Shore Sand and Gravel – $18.95/cy; and Trusty Trucking – $15.37/cy. Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to award the bid to Trusty Trucking at $15.37/cy and also provide residents the option to purchase gravel at the contract price. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Cemetery plot markers:
Discussion held regarding cemetery plot markers sinking into the ground.
Discussion held on changes to the spring newsletter. A 40-yard dumpster will cost $670, delivered at no charge. Larry Kiggins price for tire disposal will remain the same. A pick-up load of garbage will also remain at $20. Town residents may purchase gravel from Germano Trusty Trucking for $15.37/yard. Newsletter will be mailed out the middle of May.
Discussion held on Laine Road. Supervisor Hamilton contacted Wisconsin Towns Association for legal advice. They recommended the Town Board hire an attorney. Supervisor Hamilton will obtain costs for legal fees and surveying. Tabled until the May meeting.
Road maintenance report:
- Installed culvert south of Eastview on South Hoover Line Rd
- Grading roads
- Need to talk with new property owners on Bain Road regarding trapping beavers
- the blacktop on Airport Road
- Need to patch blacktop on the north end of Boulevard Road
- Erkilla Road needs to be repaired
- Repaired the hillside on Kaukamo Road
- Patched Wallin Road
- Fahrner Asphalt will come out and assess Oulu Rock Road for mopsealing
- The restrooms at the park need to be pumped
- Bayfield County Sanitation will be contacted after we hear a response from Carrie Stolz, WI DNR regarding the water samples at the park
- To date, one person has volunteered to help clean up the cemetery
- Enbridge did repair work on the pipeline on Range Line Road
Agenda item/s for next meetin
- Laine Road
- Review ATV/UTV ordinances
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Special board meeting scheduled for April 19, 2021, at the town hall, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Annual meeting scheduled for April 20, 2021 at the town hall, beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for May 12, 2021 at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m. Bills will be reviewed at 6:30 p.m.
Bayfield County Clerk – Zoning Ordinance Amendment
Motion by Rantala, second by Reijo to adjourn to closed session at 8:08 p.m. per Wisconsin Stat-utes 19.85 (1)(c) to consider employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or responsibility. Roll call vote: Yes: Hamilton, Rantala, Reijo. No: None. Absent: None. Abstain: None. Motion carried by roll call vote.
Motion by Rantala, second by Reijo to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 8:46 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk