Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
April 21, 2020 ~ 7:02 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 7:02 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Klaus Nieder, Sandra Rantala, Diana Reijo, clerk. Absent and excused: Marjorie Lahti, treasurer.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Nieder, second by Hamilton to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by, second by Nieder, second by Hamilton to approve the consent agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13033-13063, ACH 430-434
- Minutes of the March 11, 2020 regular board meeting
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $62,053.48 Tax Account $92,685.98
Confirmation of Executive Order declaring health emergency:
Executive Order #1-2020
Relating to a Proclamation Declaring a Health
Emergency in Response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus
WHEREAS, in December, 2019, a novel strain of the coronavirus was detected, now named COVID-19, and it has spread throughout numerous countries including the United States;
WHEREAS, international organizations, the federal government, state government, and local governments are all working together to contain the further spread of the disease and treat existing cases;
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization has declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, and the United States Department of Health and Human Services has declared a Public Health Emergency;
WHEREAS, the State of Wisconsin has been working to protect all Wisconsinites from the spread of this disease, and to prepare for the impacts it may have on the state; and
WHEREAS, in order to protect the health and well-being of its residents, the Town of Oulu, Bayfield County, Wisconsin must avail itself of all resources needed to respond to and contain the presence of COVID-19 in the Town.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Sandra Rantala, Chairperson of the board of Supervisors of the town of Oulu, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of this state, and specifically by Section 323.11 of the Wisconsin Statutes, hereby:
- Proclaim that a public health emergency, as defined in Section 323.02(16) of the Wisconsin Statues, exists for the Town of Oulu.
- Designate the Bayfield County Health Department as the lead agency to respond to the public health emergency in the Town.
- Direct the Town Board to take those actions within its authority to protect the well-being of all Town residents.
- Direct the employee/s of the Town to follow all directives from State and Federal agencies regarding recommendations and procedures relating to this public health emergency.
- Proclaim that a period of abnormal economic disruption, as defined in Section 100.305 of the Wisconsin State Statutes exists within the Town.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the GREAT seal of the Town of Oulu to be affixed. Done at the Town of Oulu this 30th day of March in the year of two thousand twenty.
Plan Commission Appointments:
Two applications were received to fill the two vacancies on the Plan Commission. Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to appoint Duane Lahti and Frederick Strand for a 3-year term expiring April 30th, 2023. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Health Infrastructure Grant Park Proposals:
Two proposals were received: Bill Gustafson – $4,800; Dale Nelson, Jr. – $7,400. Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to award the proposal to Bill Gustafson for $4,800. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Date/s for Next Meeting/s:
- Regular board meeting scheduled for May 13, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- Annual meeting scheduled for May 20, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Motion by Rantala, second by Nieder to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk