Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
August 11, 2021 ~ 6:45 p.m. – 8:20 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Jonathan Hamilton, chair at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Edward Burhans, Timothy Ciembronowicz, Jonathan Hamilton, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to approve the consent agenda as printed and posted: Approve general fund vouchers 13349-13365 and ACH 495-498
- Minutes of the July 14, 2021 adjourned board of review and July 14, 2021 regular board meeting Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
- Treasurer’s Report: General $111,347.75 Tax Account $101,014.55 Local Fiscal Recovery $27,789.50
Hearing to seek an order to vacate a portion of Laine Road pursuant to Chapter 82, Wisconsin Statutes:
Discussion held on Resolution 2021-02: Vacation of Portion of Laine Road and the possible incorrect road description. Motion by Burhans, second by Ciembronowicz to table until the description is corrected. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Discussion held regarding problems with the blacktop on the Airport Road project. Paul Johanik, County Highway Commissioner and Chairman Hamilton reviewed the roads and documented the problem areas. A follow up letter will be mailed to Solon Springs Concrete requesting them to rectify the problem. The town board will advertise for proposals for an engineer.
Motion by Burhans, second by Ciembronowicz to maintain the current fee of $75 per driveway if paid before October 31, 2021 and $100 if paid after November 1, 2021. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to create an ordinance to keep roads cleared of vehicles during snow storms. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
- South Hoover Line Road ditching and spreading gravel is almost done
- Cemetery will be mowed
- Problem areas were marked on Airport Road
- Roads graveled were Erkilla Road, North Muskeg, Bayfield Line
- Graded Airport Road, S Muskeg and Hoover Line to Mattson’s driveway
- Bayfield County Sheriff’s Department is handling the theft at the landfill
- Town pick-up and lawnmower will be put out on bids
- Looking for a new plow for the town pick-up
- Addressed status of all town roads and how the drought conditions have made it extremely difficult to do adequate road grading this year
- Town board will develop a policy manual for usage of the park, equipment and culvert Installation (Burhans and Ciembronowicz will work on developing the manual)
- Supervisor Ciembronowicz is seeking grants for park renovation. To date, secured up to $10,000 in matching funding.
- Part-time help
- Truck and lawnmower bids
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Special board meeting scheduled for August 25, 2021, at the town hall, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for September 8, 2021, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m. Bills will be reviewed at 6:30 p.m.
Motion by Burhans, second by Ciembronowicz to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk