Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
August 12, 2020 ~ 6:45 p.m. – 7:37 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Klaus Nieder, Sandra Rantala, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Nieder, second by Hamilton to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Hamilton second by Nieder to approve the consent agenda as amended:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13128-13154, ACH 446-449
- Minutes of the July 8, 2020 regular board meeting, July 29, 2020 special board meeting, and August 3, 2020 special board meeting. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $45,043.86 Tax Account $92,691.59
Supervisor Hamilton met with both Josh/Melissa Mieritz and Melody Kane/Sally Kane Rantala to try and resolve the fence issue. Both parties are trying to come to an agreement.
Discussion was held on snowplowing driveways. Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to set up a Committee meeting to discuss a snowplowing procedure policy. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Financing of Airport Road Project:
Motion by Nieder, second by Hamilton to adopt the following resolution:
Term Credit Agreement with Security State Bank as follows:
WHEREAS, the Town of Oulu, Bayfield County, Wisconsin (“Town)”), is presently in need of funds up to a maximum aggregate amount of $440,000 for public purpose of the Airport Road Project – Kaukamo Road to N Hissa Road; and
WHEREAS, the Town Board deems it necessary and in the best interests of the Town that, pursuant to the provisions of Section 67.12(12), Wisconsin Statutes, the sum of up to $440,000 be borrowed for such purpose from time to time upon the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth;
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that for the purpose hereinabove set forth the Town, by its Chairperson, and Clerk, pursuant to Section 67.12(12), Wisconsin Statutes, borrow from Security State Bank (“Lender”), from time to time, in one or more advances, a maximum aggregate amount of $440,000, or, if less, the aggregate principal amount of all ad-vances as may be required to meet the above – stated purpose;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that each such advance shall be requested in writing by the Town Clerk and/or Town Treasurer, which request may be conclusively relied upon by Lender;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that to evidence such indebtedness, said Chairperson and Town Clerk shall make, execute and deliver to the Lender for and on behalf of the Town the promissory note of the Town to be dated September 1, 2020, in said principal amount with interest at the rate of 2.98 per cent per annum and payable as follows: 1-year term credit agreement with a payment of $35,000 consisting of principal and interest due at maturity.
Interest is computed for the actual number of days principal is unpaid on the basis of a 360-day year. Said interest to be payable on the dates set forth above on the outstanding princi-pal balance, with prepayment privileges on any principal or interest payment.
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Road maintenance/cemetery/park report:
- Airport Road Project will begin the last week of August or the first week of September
- 2 large culverts need to be replaced on Laine Road (cost approximately $4600) Trusty Truck-ing will install them)
- Cemetery and park have been mowed
- Middle driveway in the cemetery needs to be repaired as the rain has created a rut in the road
- The ball field at the park needs to be dragged
- Damage at the park has been repaired and a letter of apology was written
Agenda item/s for next meeting:
- Snowplowing procedures policy
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Highway committee meeting scheduled for August 25, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Adjourned Board of Review meeting scheduled for September 8, 2020, at the town hall,
beginning at 6:40 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for September 8, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
Motion by Rantala, second by Hamilton to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:37 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk