Regular Board Meeting
January 13, 2021 ~ 6:45 p.m. – 7:12 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Sandra Rantala, Duane Reijo, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: Jonathan Hamilton. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Reijo, second by Rantala to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Absent: Hamilton. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Reijo, second by Rantala to approve the agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13277-13285 and ACH 4671-474.
- Minutes of the January 13, 2021 regular board meeting
Absent: Hamilton. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $132,585.61 Tax Account $ 391,785.27.
Resignation of landfill attendant:
Motion by Rantala, second by Reijo to accept the resignation of Jessica Fauver as landfill attendant. Absent: Hamilton. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Park Usage Request from South Shore Student Council:
Discussion held on park usage request from South Shore Student Council. They are inquiring on whether they could use the park pavilion to hold their Snow Ball dance at the end of February. Request approved and town employee would need advance notice for snow removal.
Road maintenance report:
- Keeping the roads plowed and sanded
- Using the stinger blades on the grader to cut/break the ice on the roads
Agenda item/s for next meeting:
- Discuss part-time help
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Regular board meeting scheduled for March 10, 2021 at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- WITC – Board member vacancies
- Bayfield County Elder Benefits Specialist – Medicare 101 Virtual Informational Meetings
Motion by Rantala, second by Reijo to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk