Minutes February 9, 2022 Regular Board Meeting
Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
February 9, 2022 ~ 6:46 p.m. – 8:10 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Jonathan Hamilton, Chair at 6:46 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Roll call: Members present: Jon Hamilton, Ed Burhans, Tim Ciembronowicz, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda: Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to change Cemetery/Park/Road Maintenance report to follow Airport Road Project Update and approve the agenda as amended. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Consent agenda: Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to approve the consent agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13480-13497, ACH 519-518, Tax Account 897-902
- Minutes of the January 12, 2022 regular board meeting,
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $173,445.79 Tax Account $95,880.92 ARPA $27,789.50
Airport Road Update:
Chair Hamilton said the project is on hold until spring. The town attorney has been in contact with Solon Springs Concrete.
Road maintenance/cemetery/park report:
- Plowed open the road to the vault at the cemetery
- Snowplowing roads and blading back banks
- Ordered a larger dumpster for the dump – and had it returned
- Need to work on snowplowing policy
Snapper mower bids: 2 bids received – Seth Ray $670 and Melanie Ripley $2500. Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to reject both bids and rebid the mower with a better description of the actual condition and functionality of the mower. Supervisor Ciembronowicz will rewrite the bid notice. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Re-bid pickup: Motion by Burhans, second by Ciembronowicz to sell the 2001 truck on an online auction site. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Oulu Rock Road Project: LRIP grant application was submitted.
Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) – Tabled.
Comprehensive Plan: A meeting will be scheduled to work on writing a town comprehensive plan.
Website renovation and access:
Supervisor Ciembronowicz suggested we update our website to make it more user friendly and include fillable forms on the website.
Correspondence: Northwood Technical College – Notice of Northwood Tech Board appointment
- Airport Road update
- Oulu Rock Road update
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL)
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- “Working” meeting to write a town comprehensive plan scheduled for February 23, 2022, at the town hall, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for March 9, 2022, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m. Bills will be reviewed at 6:30 p.m.
Adjournment: Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Hamilton to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk