Regular Board Meeting
January 13, 2021 ~ 6:45 p.m. – 7:12 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Sandra Rantala, Duane Reijo, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Hamilton, second by Reijo to approve the agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13260-13276, ACH 467-470, Tax Account 868-874
- Minutes of the December 9, 2020 regular board meeting and December 12, 2020 special board meeting
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $145,630.35 Tax Account $ 218,250.45
Notification of continuing obligations and residual contamination on town property by REI Engineering, Inc.:
Carrie Stolz, WI DNR, project manager for the Harry’s Corner site sent an email stating the DNR reviewed, proceeded and granted closure based on review of the site. The Town should receive a copy of the final closure letter along with a letter explain the continuing obligations and property owner requirements. They also stated the Department does not draft or enforce contracts between parties for continuing obligations. If the Town wants a legally enforceable agreement with Mr. Pudas for potential liabilities concerns; the agreement would be between the Town and Mr. Pudas. TABLED.
Road maintenance report:
- Keeping the roads plowed and sanded
- Cleaned the bridge decks
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Caucus scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2021, at the town garage, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for February 10, 2021 at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- WI Department of Revenue – Financial assistance for property taxes
Motion by Rantala, second by Reijo to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:12 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk