Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
July 8, 2020 ~ 6:46 p.m. – 7:38 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:46 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Sandra Rantala, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: Klaus Nieder.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Hamilton, second by Rantala to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Absent: Nieder. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Hamilton second by Rantala to delete agenda items 11-closed session, 12-reconvene to regular session, and 13 discuss/revise employee handbook and approve the consent agenda as amended:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13108-13128, ACH 442-445
- Minutes of the May13, 2020 regular board meeting
Absent: Nieder. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $72,701.52 Tax Account $92,690.80
Repeal/recreate Ordinance 15-02 Alternate Members for Board of Review:
Motion by Hamilton, second by Rantala to repeal Ordinance 15-02 and recreate Ordinance 20-01
Alternate Members for Board of Review.
The Town Board of the Town of Oulu, Bayfield County, State of Wisconsin, being duly assembled at a regular Town Board meeting on July 8, 2020, does hereby ordain that the Appoint Alternate
Members for Board of Review Ordinance 15-02 is hereby repealed and recreated, in accordance with all Wisconsin statutes defined in Sec. 70.47 to read as follows:
The intent of this ordinance is to repeal Ordinance 15-02 Appoint Alternate Members for Board of Review Ordinance and adopt 20-01 Appoint Alternate Members for Board of Review Ordinance.
Whereas, Sec. 70.47 (6m)(c) authorizes the appointment of alternate members to serve on the board of review when standing members are removed from individual cases;
NOW, THEREFORE the Town Board of the Town of Oulu, Bayfield County does ordain as follows:
Pursuant to Section 70.47 (6m)(c) and Section 70.46 (1) of Wis. Statutes the town board hereby provides for the appointment of alternates to serve on the town board of review in the event a standing board member of the board of review is removed or unable to serve for any reason.
The following electors of the Town of Oulu are hereby named as alternates in the order indicated to serve as alternate board of review members:
Alternate 1: Marjorie Lahti
Alternate 2: Duane Lahti
Alternate 3: Lee Pedersen
The appointments made in this ordinance are for a four-year term beginning with the Year 2020 Board of Review proceedings, ending with the 2024 Board of Review proceedings, and effective upon posting as provided by law.
Motion by Hamilton, second by Rantala to adopt 20-01 Appoint Alternate Members for Board of Review Ordinance. Vote for: 2 (Hamilton, Rantala) Vote against: 0 Absent: Nieder. Not Voting: None
Sally Kane-Rantala submitted a letter regarding a boundary/fence line dispute between Josh/Melissa Mieritz and Melody Kane/Sally Kane Rantala. Supervisor Hamilton will contact both parties and try to resolve the issue and report back to the board.
Motion by Hamilton, second by Rantala to hire Tad Davidson as our part-time seasonal lawn career employee. Absent: Nieder. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Hamilton, second by Rantala to authorize the town clerk to apply for an election grant to assist with expanded costs for absentee voting in the August and November 2020 elections. Absent: Nieder. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Road maintenance/cemetery/park report:
- Pulled in gravel with the road groomer from the road sides onto the roads.
- Graded Bayfield Line Road – east and west sides
- Reshaped and graveled Saarkinen Road
- Graveled Range Line Road from Cheese Factory Road south 1 mile
- All the ditches have been mowed
- Park trails have been mowed
- Repaired the corner of the road in the cemetery
- Culverts needs to be replaced on West Colby Road and Oulu Pioneer Road
- Replaced the stop sign on County Line Road by Ruska’s
- Damage at the park caused from people driving on the field – the individual is repairing the field
- Park trail project has been completed
- Town employee requested to purchase a 7 ½’ disk mower for mowing ditches.
- Clean Sweeps: Safely Dispose of Hazardous Waste – August 11 ~ 2-7 p.m. held at the Bayfield County Fair Grounds
Agenda item/s for next meeting:
- Employee Handbook
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- If needed, Special board meeting scheduled for July 15, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Annual meeting scheduled for July 15, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Special board meeting scheduled for July 29, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Adjourned Board of Review meeting scheduled for August 12, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:40 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for August 12, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
Motion by Rantala, second by Hamilton to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:38 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk