Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
June 10, 2020 ~ 6:45 p.m. – 7:28 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Klaus Nieder, Sandra Rantala, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjo-rie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion car-ried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Nieder, second by Hamilton to approve the consent agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13082-13107, ACH 438-441
- Minutes of the May13, 2020 regular board meeting
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $56,966.51 Tax Account $92,690.04
Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to purchase a new satellite toilet for $3,350.00 from Mr. Biffy, LLC, in Superior. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Hamilton, second by Rantala to hire Madison Meyer as our part-time seasonal lawn care employee. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
- Excel Energy – Conducting an inspection of the electric transmission power lines using an unmanned aerial vehicle in May or June
- Jewell Associates Engineers, Inc. – introducing their professional engineering, architec-ture and surveying services
Agenda item/s for next meeting:
- TRID Update
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Regular board meeting scheduled for July 8, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- Annual meeting scheduled for July 15, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Motion by Nieder, second by Hamilton to adjourn to closed session at 7:15 p.m. per Wisconsin Statutes 19.85(1)(c) to discuss employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercis-es responsibility: Roll call vote: YES: Hamilton, Nieder, Rantala. NO: None. ABSTAIN: None. ABSENT: None. Motion carried by roll call vote.
Reconvene to regular session:
Motion by Nieder, second by Hamilton to reconvene to regular session at 7:27 p.m. per Wis-consin Statutes 19.85. Roll call vote: YES: Hamilton, Nieder, Rantala. NO: None. ABSTAIN: None. ABSENT: None. Motion carried by roll call vote. Motion by Nieder, second by Hamil-ton to raise the landfill attendant’s wage to $15/hour retroactive to February 15, 2020. Motion carried
unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Rantala, second by Hamilton to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:28 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk