Minutes June 7, 2021 Plan Commission Meeting
The June 9, 2021 regular Plan Commission meeting was called to order at 6:33 p.m. at the Town Hall by Chair Fred Strand.
Members present: Duane Lahti, Marjorie Lahti, Fred Strand, and Diana Reijo, clerk. Absent: Edward Burhans and Tonya Koehler.
Motion by M. Lahti, second by D. Lahti to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Absent: Burhans and Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by D. Lahti, second by M. Lahti to approve the minutes of the May 3, 2021 regular board meeting as presented. Absent: Burhans and Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Community Members as Pre-Registered – Oral and/or Written.
*No community members registered at this time.
Election of officers:
Motion by D. Lahti, second by M. Lahti to nominate Fred Strand as chairperson, close nominations and cast a unanimous ballot for Fred Strand. Absent: Burhans and Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by D. Lahti, second by F. Strand to nominate Marjorie Lahti as Vice-Chair, close nominations and cast a unanimous ballot for Marjorie Lahti. Absent: Burhans and Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Special Use Application:
- Owners: Eric & Rebecca Lichtenberg
15-acre parcel in the NE¼ NE¼ Section 12 T48NR9W; 6975 North Hissa Road
Place a mobile home on the property for a primary residence
- Parcel is zoned Agricultural 1
- Parcel size is 15 acres
- Parcel was recently legally created from a larger, parent parcel
- Future Land Use Class for the parcel is Agricultural Core, based on the former parent parcel
- The Future Land Use Class of Agricultural Core is no longer appropriate for with the new parcel or the parent parcel
- It would be appropriate to change the Future Land Use Class for both the parent parcel and the new parcel to Agricultural-Limited Residential when the Town’s Comprehensive Plan is revised.
- Agricultural-Limited Residential Future Land Use Class allows for 1 building unit complex per 10 acres.
- Placement of a mobile home on the parcel for a primary residence is consistent with both the Zoning classification and with the
- Future Land Use Class changed to Agricultural-Limited Residential.
Plan Commission Recommendation:
Approve the Special Use permit application with the following conditions as supported by the Findings:
- No change to the project construction type (new construction, mobile house, manufactured house, recreational vehicle) is allowed without the review by the Town Plan Commission and approval of the Town Board.
- As per the Town’s Comprehensive Plan the exterior of the structure from the base of the mobile house to the ground must be enclosed within 1 year of the placement of the mobile house.
- The Town may periodically review the Special Use Permit to assure compliance with the permit conditions and the Town’s Comprehensive Plan.
- The next time the Comprehensive Plan is revised the Future Land Use Class for the two parcels in the NE1/4NE1/4 of section 12 should be changed to Agricultural-Limited Residential
Motion by D. Lahti, second by M. Lahti to approve the rezoning request as supported by the findings. Absent: Burhans and Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Next meeting date/s:
Plan Commission regular meeting scheduled for Monday, July 5, 2021, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the town hall.
Motion by M. Lahti, second by D. Lahti to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 6:42 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk