Minutes May 3, 2021 Plan Commission Meeting
Town of Oulu
Regular Plan Commission Meeting
May 3, 2021 ~ 6:35 p.m. – 7:10 p.m.
The May 3, 2021 regular Plan Commission meeting was called to order at 6:35 p.m. at the Town Hall by Chair Fred Strand.
Members present: Duane Lahti, Marjorie Lahti, Fred Strand, and Diana Reijo, clerk. Absent: Tonya Koehler.
Motion by D. Lahti, second by M. Lahti to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Absent: Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by M. Lahti, second by D. Lahti to approve the minutes of the March 1, 2021 regular board meeting as presented. Absent: Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Community Members as Pre-Registered – Oral and/or Written.
- *No community members registered at this time.
- Owners: Micah & Tamara Jaesperson
- 40-acre parcel in the NW¼ SW¼ Section 29; 2165 Rankinson Road
- Rezone from Forestry 1 to Agriculture 1
- Parcel size is 40 acres
- Parcel is zoned Forestry 1
- Parcel Future Land Use Class is Forestry Core
- The Future Land Use Class was based on the parcel being mostly forested
- The property has a history of agricultural use
- There is an old barn on the property
- The parcel has about 8 acres of open, formerly agriculturally used land
- Parcels that adjoin the subject parcel on 4 sides are zoned Ag 1
- A Zoning district change to Ag 1 would not be spot zoning
Plan Commission Recommendation:
- The Plan Commission and the Town Board should change the Future Land Use Class for this parcel to Agriculture Core the next time the Town’s Comprehensive Plan is amended.
- Approve the Zoning District change as supported by the Findings.
Motion by M. Lahti, second by D. Lahti to approve the rezoning request as supported by the findings. Absent: Koehler. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Agenda item/s for next meeting:
- Election of officers.
Next meeting date/s:
- Plan Commission regular meeting scheduled for Monday, June 7, 2021, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the town hall.
Motion by D. Lahti, second by M. Lahti to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk