Minutes May 4, 2020 Plan Commission
Town of Oulu
Plan Commission Regular Board Meeting
May 4, 2020 ~ 6:35 p.m. – 6:40 p.m.
The May 4, 2020 regular Plan Commission meeting was called to order at 6:35 p.m. at the Town Hall by Chair Fred Strand.
Members present: Duane Lahti, Marjorie Lahti, Sandra Rantala, Fred Strand, and Diana Reijo, clerk. Absent: Tonya Koehler.
Motion by D. Lahti, second by S. Rantala to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by S. Rantala, second by M. Lahti to approve the minutes of the February 3, 2020 regular board meeting as presented. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Community Members as Pre-Registered – Oral and/or Written.
*No community members registered at this time.
Election of officers:
Motion by M. Lahti, second by D. Lahti to nominate Fred Strand as chairperson. Motion by S. Rantala, second by D. Lahti to close nominations and cast a unanimous ballot for Fred Strand. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by D. Lahti, second by M. Lahti to nominate Sandy Rantala as Vice-Chair. Motion by M. Lahti, second by D. Lahti to close nominations and cast a unanimous ballot for Sandy Rantala. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Special Use Application:
Review Special Use Application:
William and Ann Trautt’s request to build a residential structure on their property.
Legal description: SE¼ NW¼ S12 T48N R9W; Acreage: 40; Tax I.D # 26746
Special Use Permit application:
- 40 acre parcel in the SE¼ NW¼ Section 12;
- Construct a new house
- Parcel is zoned Agriculture 1
- Parcel size is 40 acres
- There is a garage on the property
- Parcel is zoned Agricultural 1
- Parcel Future Land Use Class is Agriculture
- Agriculture Core allows the maximum density of one building complex per 35 acres
- The Special Use Permit application to build a residential structure on this parcel is consistent with the Zoning Classification and the Future Land Use Class for the parcel.
Motion by D. Lahti, second by S. Rantala to approve the Special Use Permit application with the following conditions as supported by the Findings.
- No change in the project construction type (new construction, mobile house, manufactured house, recreational vehicle) is allowed without review by the Town Plan Commission and approval of the Town Board.
- The Town may periodically review the Special Use Permit to assure compliance with the permit conditions and the Town’s Comprehensive Plan.
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Agenda item/s for next meeting:
Next meeting date/s:
Plan Commission regular meeting scheduled for Monday, June 1, 2020, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the town hall.
Motion by Rantala to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 6:40 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk