Minutes November 11, 2020 Regular Board Meeting
Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
October 14, 2020 ~ 6:45 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Sandra Rantala, Duane Reijo, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried
unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to approve the agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13190-13229, ACH 459-462
- Minutes of the October 14, 2020 regular board meeting, October 22, 2020 special board meeting, and October 29, 2020 special board meeting
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $100,701.68 Tax Account $2,692.10
Discussion held on Laine Road. Tabled until additional information is obtained.
Notification of continuing obligations and residual contamination on town property by REI Engineering, Inc.:
Tabled until updated correspondence is received from REI Engineering.
SIMPLE IRA for Employee/s:
Motion by Hamilton, second by Reijo to approve a matching contribution to each eligible employee’s SIMPLE IRA through Waddell and Reed Financial Services equal to the em-ployee’s salary reduction contribution up to a limit of 3% of the employee’s wage towards a SIMPLE IRA for next year (2021). Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Routes to Recovery Grant:
Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to transfer unspent funds ($6,019) to Bayfield County Health Department. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Bridge inspection reports were distributed to board members and town employee.
Road maintenance/cemetery/park report:
- Park well has been drained and winterized
- Flowers were removed from the cemeter
- Potholes on Airport, Boulevard and County Line roads have been patched
- Roads were plowed and sanded
- Bain Road was repaired
- Brush mowing was done on Hautala and Kaukamo roads
- Laine Road mileage and property
- Employee Handbook
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Adjourned Board of Review meeting scheduled for November 14, 2020, at the town hall – 9-11am
- Budget “Working” Committee meeting scheduled for November, 17, 2020, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Budget “Working” Committee meeting scheduled for November, 18, 2020, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for December 9, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
Motion by Reijo, second by Hamilton to adjourn to closed session at 7:53 p.m. per Wisconsin Statutes 19.85 (1)(c) to consider employment, promotion, compensation or performance eval-uation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or re-sponsibility. Roll call vote: Yes: Hamilton, Rantala, Reijo. No: None. Abstain: None. Ab-sent: None. Motion carried by roll call vote.
Motion by Rantala, second by Hamilton to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk