Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
October 14, 2020 ~ 6:45 p.m. – 7:53 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Sandra Rantala, chairperson at 6:45 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Jonathan Hamilton, Klaus Nieder, Sandra Rantala, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to approve the agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13174-13189, ACH 454-458
- Minutes of the September 9, 2020 regular board meeting, September 9, 2020 adjourned board of review meeting, and September 28, 2020 adjourned board of review meeting
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: – General – $119,601.00 Tax Account $2,692.08
Discussion held on Laine Road mileage and property line. Tabled until additional information is
Notification of continuing obligations and residual contamination on town property by REI
Discussion held on information received from REI Engineering, Inc. regarding continuing obligations and residual contamination on town property. Chair Rantala will contact Carrie Stolz, Department of Natural Resources and David Larsen, REI Engineering, Inc. for additional information. Tabled until additional information is received.
Airport Road Project update:
Base patching done, blacktop pulverization is done and blacktopping will be completed in the spring.
Dog license renewal/licensing option for the County:
Motion by Hamilton, second by Nieder to turn the dog license online renewal/licensing over to Bayfield County possibly later in 2021. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Road maintenance/cemetery/park report:
- Park has been mowed and the well water will soon be turned off
- Cemetery was mowed and cemetery road will be repaired
- Grading roads
- Roadside mowing is being done
- Oulu Rock Road has been patched with cold mix
- Midland Services recommended we fill the empty gas tank with diesel fuel
- Waste Management notified the town that the dumpsters at the landfill were overloaded. Chair will contact Waste Management to see if larger dumpsters are available.
- Snowplowing driveways regulations will remain the same
- Laine Road mileage and property
- Continuing obligations and residual contamination on town property by REI
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Open Books scheduled for November 4, 2020, at the town hall – 4-7pm
- Open Books scheduled for November 7, 2020, at the town hall – 9am-noon
- Regular board meeting scheduled for November 11, 2020, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- Adjourned Board of Review meeting scheduled for November 14, 2020, at the town hall – 9-11am
Motion by Rantala, second by Hamilton to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:53 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk