Town of Oulu
Regular Board Meeting
September 8, 2021 ~ 6:52 p.m. – 7:33 p.m.
The Town of Oulu regular board meeting was called to order by Jonathan Hamilton, chair at 6:52 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Members present: Edward Burhans, Timothy Ciembronowicz, Jonathan Hamilton, Diana Reijo, clerk, and Marjorie Lahti, treasurer. Absent: None. Town employee: Michael Davidson.
Approval of agenda:
Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to approve the agenda as printed and posted. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to approve the consent agenda as printed and posted:
- Approve general fund vouchers 13366-13395 and ACH 499-502
- Minutes of the August 11, 2021 regular board meeting, August 25, 2021 special board meeting and September 1, 2021 special board meeting
Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: General $88,270.14 Tax Account $84,603.78 Local Fiscal Recovery $27,789.50
Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to pre-buy 3,000 gallons of propane at $1.44 per gallon. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
Motion by Ciembronowicz to hire Adam Mattson as part-time help. Motion retracted. An interview will be scheduled for September 10, 2021 – 4:00 p.m. Tabled.
- Supervisor Ciembronowicz reported working on park grant
- Graded Rankinson Road between Hollander Road and Oulu Rock Road
- Lifted Waataja Road and put gravel on the road
- Put breaker rock and gravel on Muskeg Road
- Removed beaver remnants from Muskeg Road, dredged gravel from ditch
- Prep dead end on Eastview and then will gravel
- It was reported that there is a hole in the concession stand roof
- Obtaining estimates for a snowplow for the pick-up – two received, but will obtain additional information
- Part-time help
- Purchase of snowplow
- Review draft policy for handbook
- Review draft letter for park donations
- Review estimate from Norvado on open wire access
- Bayfield County Clerk – Proposed Redistricting plans – Public Hearing – September 21, 2021, 6pm at the Bayfield County Board Room
Set dates for next meeting/s:
- Special board meeting scheduled for September 10, 2021, at the town hall, beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- Regular board meeting scheduled for October 13, 2021, at the town hall, beginning at 6:45 p.m. Bills will be reviewed at 6:30 p.m.
Motion by Ciembronowicz, second by Burhans to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 7:33 p.m.
Diana Reijo, Clerk