Public Notice – Culvert Estimate
Town of Oulu Public Notice
Project: Culvert R & R on Bain Road
Completion Date: No later than November 15, 2022 or sooner, as weather and materials access allows
The Town of Oulu is seeking estimates for the removal and replacement of the culvert on Bain Road in the Town of Oulu. The project will also include a gravel lift of approximately 12+ inches extending east and west from the top of culvert, tapering to present road base approximately 50 yards on either side of the new culvert. The Culvert and surrounds were damaged due to beaver activity and age. Beaver, dams and lodges have been removed. R&R must meet criteria outlined in State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources checklist “Culvert Replacement-Same Location - Exemption Checklist #12 (R 06/2019)”
The Town of Oulu will provide the road grader and operator to assist in the roadbed lift and taper as necessary and appropriate.
The project will consist of
- Removal of the damaged culvert currently in place
- Preparation of the trench to accommodate new culvert placement
- Placement of 40’ long, 36” diameter squash pipe culvert provided by Town of Oulu
- Placement of at least 12 loads ¾ DOT spec gravel provided by contractor
- Placement of at least 2 loads 8” breaker run for armoring provided by contractor
- Fabric & silt fence for erosion control
- Placement of geofabric as appropriate for stability and longevity of project
- The contractor must have the financial ability, equipment, proof of all necessary insurance including, but not limited to, Certificate of Insurance, liability insurance and workman’s compensation insurance, and experience, for the protection of the public to complete the job from start to finish
Please mail culvert estimates to Diana Reijo, Clerk, 71530 Hoover Line Road, Iron River, WI 54847. Deadline for estimates: September 2, 2022.
The town reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the estimates or part
thereof as determined to be most advantageous to the town.
Notice Posted: August 19, 2022 Oulu Town Hall & Town Web Site: ouluwisconsin.com
BY: Diana Reijo, Clerk